|Courtesy Martha Stewart!|
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups torn escarole (from 1 head)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with rack in upper third. On a
floured work surface, roll out dough to a 17-inch-long rectangle.
Transfer to a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet and top with mozzarella,
onion, and bacon; season with salt and pepper. Bake until dough is
cooked through and edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Heat broiler. Top pizza with escarole, drizzle with oil, and
season with salt and pepper. Broil until escarole is wilted and slightly
charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.